Corrugated cardboard is a convenient solution to many packaging woes. A relatively simple concept that has quickly become commonplace, the benefits of corrugated cardboard mean that it isn’t difficult to understand the popularity of such packaging solutions among manufacturers and retailers. As corrugated cardboard specialists, our team at Belmont are sharing our expertise to help you understand just why our corrugated packaging solutions are so successful.
What is corrugated cardboard made of?
Corrugated cardboard itself is made from timber, but can also be created using recycled wood chips and shavings from leftover lumber mill waste – ‘paper pulp’ material.
Corrugated cardboard is built from two sheets of paper, also known as ‘liners’, which protect the inner corrugated ‘fluting’; a structure designed specifically to provide lightweight robustness.
What type of corrugated cardboard are available?
With varied flute sizes and forms, there are endless forms of corrugated cardboard – each offering different properties, such as durability, robustness or bending resistance, to suit different applications. Some of the most common types of corrugated cardboard are:
- Single wall corrugated cardboard
- Double wall corrugated cardboard
- Single face corrugated cardboard
- Triple wall corrugated cardboard
What are the benefits of corrugated cardboard?
Corrugated cardboard comes with an extensive range of benefits, making it an incredibly popular ‘go-to’ packaging solutions for both manufacturers and retailers.
1. Versatility: corrugated cardboard offers a solution versatile enough to meet a range of demands, including plain or printed packaging. Belmont Packaging offer a bespoke printed box design service to help reinforce your branding’s core messages in consumer environments.
2. Lightweight: the nature of corrugated cardboard (fluting) allows the product to remain incredibly lightweight whilst offering a robust solution, making it the perfect packaging choice for goods transportation and minimising shipping costs.
3. Durability: the different wall layers in corrugated cardboard allow the product to maintain a solid, rigid structure that isn’t easily compromised whilst also offering weatherproof protection during transportation.
Choosing corrugated cardboard for your needs
If you’re looking for a corrugated cardboard solution for your company’s packaging or display needs, get in touch with the experts at Belmont today on 01942 521919.