How long will a quote take?
This is dependent on the details given and style of product. We aim to turnaround quotes within 24 – 48 hours, however some may take up to 72 hours if a bespoke design is required.
To help to turnaround the quote if you could give details of the below:
• Internal dimensions, if know
• Material if know, if unsure please provide details of weight per carton, how the product is palletised or shipped and storage conditions. From this information we can recommend the most suitable.
• Style of carton, if unsure a photo of something similar will help
• Print details if required, number of colours to be printed.
• If printed would you like a varnished or matt finish
• Delivery point postcode
Design & Artwork
Can I use my own designs?
Yes, this isn’t a problem.
Files can be sent in a PDF format.
Do you have an in-house design team who can help me with my project?
Yes, we have an experienced team who are on hand to help and advise on the most suitable and cost effective design for your product.
What happens once I place my first order ?
Before we can process the first order for a product we would need to carry out the origination process.
• Sample approval : a sample of the carton will be sent out to you to check the dimensions and style of the product is suitable. This will always be in the correct fluting, however may not be the correct material. If you would like a sample in the correct material please let us know and we will do our best out best to accommodate.
(Please note the approved PDF drawing is then used to produce any diecut tooling if required)
• Artwork approval: Once the sample has been checked and approved by the customer, we can then generate any artwork that is required. A PDF of which will be forwarded over to yourself for approval
(Please note the approved PDF is then used to produce printing plates)
• Colour swatch approval: A colour swatch will be requested to match the required pantone, this will be sent direct from our ink suppliers to yourselves to approve.
Once all the required approvals have been received your order will be processed and a delivery date confirmed.
What types of cardboard do you print onto?
All our products are printed on corrugated cardboard, which comes in a range of flute sizes.
These vary from microflute (which has a similar thickness to solid board) up to double wall BC flute which is 7mm thick.
Samples are available upon request
What are the different types available ?
Types of cardboard vary with different options in fluting and papers.
The flutings vary from microflute (which has a similar thickness to solid board) up to double wall BC flute which is 7mm thick
The thinner flutings, E Flute offer a higher quality print finish, whereas the thicker fluting offer better protection when in transit.
Besides the different flutes, there are also a number of different paper types which all have a different finishes.
• Kraft – available brown or white – this is a virgin paper and not recycled. This gives a cleaner finish on the paper
• Test - available brown or white – this is a recycled paper, and has a mottled finish, due to being recycled
• Fluting – this is a recycled paper unless specified
heavy weight / semi chem fluting is recommend for products kept in colder storage conditions
• Coated papers – Kemi lite – the coating on the paper gives a higher quality finish when printed.
Can you print onto other materials besides corrugated cardboard?
Do the packaging solutions you offer use recycled materials?
Yes, as the majority of board grades use a recycled paper for the fluting.
We are also FSC Certified so we can also ensure the materials used to produce your box comes from are sourced from a FSC certified forest that is managed with consideration for people, wildlife and the environment.
Do you use recycled materials to package and ship my boxes?
All our product is shipped on pallets.
Are your inks safe for the environment?
All inks are water based and we have an onsite ink filtration system
What is the minimum order quantity for custom packaging?
This can vary due to the size of the box and style. When quoting we will quote based on the minimum order quantity from our board suppliers and also add some additional price breaks so you can see any potential savings.
Do I have to pay for cutting formes or printing plates?
Any tooling required would be invoiced to the customer and would then remain the property of the customer. This cost is a one off cost and is invoiced along with the first delivery.
Cutting formes will be required for any bespoke style cartons as they are unique to the footprint of the carton.
Printing plates will be required for any printed cartons, the cost of which can vary depending on the number of colours to be printed.
Delivery & Shipping
How is shipping calculated?
Delivery charges are included in the unit prices
(This cost is calculated on the number of pallets required.)
How long will it take to receive my boxes? (UK & Overseas)
This is dependant on delivery location, once manufactured we aim to delivery in 24 - 48 hours
How will my boxes be packaged and sent to me?
All our products are palletised to best fit on a standard 1200 x 1000 pallet. Product will be strapped so they are secure and clearly labelled.
Can you split an order and ship to different destinations?
Yes, we can do this.
However we would need this information when quoting or processing the order if possible.
Can you combine multiple orders and ship them together?
As part of our ongoing inhouse efficiencies we do aim to combine deliveries and ship together to improve on wagon utilisation. This helps us to keep transport cost down for both parties.
How do freight deliveries work?
We currently use 3rd party haulers and deliveries are between 9am – 5pm on weekdays.
If any special requirements are needed for example a tail lift or timed booking slot, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate
Will I receive tracking information for my order?
All our deliveries are booked in with customers with 24 - 48 hours’ notice.
This can be done via a phone call or email whichever is preferable.
What quality standards do you work to?
We currently comply and work to the guidelines set out for the below standards:
• BRC Global Standard for Packaging and Packaging Materials, Issue 5
Category: Basic hygiene Grade: A
For the design, manufacture and supply of corrugated packaging products for the manufacturing and food industry
• I.S.O 9001:2008
Quality management system standard
• FSC Certified