This week our Director Kate Hulley moved home. She packed up her belongings and her family for pastures new!
A few packs of Double and Single Wall House Moving Boxes were required along with the assistance of Pollards Moving & Storage Team. The move went extremely well….oh! who are we kidding, it was manic!
The team at Pollards Moving & Storage were very helpful, friendly and didn’t mind getting ‘stuck in’
A few hours later, Kate and her family had arrived at their new home, along with their belongings and of course, the children’s toys!
If your moving home in the near future, then Kate and the whole Boxed-Up team recommends our Double or Single House Moving Boxes that are strong, reliable and equipped with free sticky tape and marker pen. Our handy boxes feature a room guide, just so you’re not rummaging through boxes once you’re at your new destination.
If you’re a working mum like our Director Kate don’t stress, Pollards Moving & Storage will happily assist you moving your belongings so that you can settle into your new home quicker.
Here are some top tips when moving home;
1. Preparing Don’t leave everything until the week before! House moving is stressful enough, therefore if you pack a little at a time, especially items that you don’t use every day (like gardening tools in the winter etc.) When D-Day is finally here the move will seem less stressful
2. Valuable / sentimental Items. Make sure that you wrap up your valuable or sentimental items properly with extra bubble wrap and double wall boxes for your more expensive and weighty items or single wall boxes for lighter possessions.
3. Use the correct packaging Using the correct packaging materials is key when moving home. Always use good quality boxes with double walls (thicker cardboard) for weighty and valuable or breakable items. Using some Bubble wrap or lots of newspaper should be used to wrap around your goods to keep them pristine. Single wall boxes are ideal for lighter or less valuable items. The single wall boxes are ideal for children’s toys and lighter kitchen utensils. Don’t forget the bin bags for clothing and more bulky items and lastly to clear up any mess that you will leave behind in your old home.
4. Storage Space. Start packing anything that you don’t use each day. Once a room is emptied it can be used as a storage room until your moving day. Garages are always a recommended first room to tidy and it’s also a perfect room to store items.
5. Children. Moving homes and possibly schools and leaving friends behind can be extremely stressful but exciting to some children, so we recommend making sure that their belongings are in your new home and their new bedroom as soon as possible, to minimise disruption to them and help them settle in faster. It also helps to make sure that they aren’t under your feet on the moving day.
6. Paperwork Keep your documents in a separate box away from other household items, making sure that the boxes are properly marked as to the contents. Once you’re in your new home, you can simply put them into a safe place for future use.
7. Cleaning Up There is always lots of mess when moving home, unpacking the boxes, tape on the floor, cardboard boxes discarded etc. We are strong believers in recycling to help save our planet here at Boxed-Up. There will be lots of recycling bins near your local supermarket and you can always use your local tip or recycling centres.
8. Enjoy your new home Now that you are in your new home, take your time to unpack your belongings.
9. Cooking You probably won’t feel like cooking and to be honest most of your utensils will more than likely be packed away from the move so why not treat your family to a local takeaway and really enjoy your evening in your new home
Good luck if you are moving home.
Complete our quick enquiry form
Our sister business Boxed-Up manufactures and sells corrugated cardboard boxes for the smaller merchants wanting as little as 25 boxes at any given time. Take advantage of our wide range of stock boxes, high levels of stock and quick order process.