The Finance Department provides two key functions.
1. Supplier/Customer Support: As we strive for efficiency is it important that our Suppliers and Customers can count on accurate and relevant information. We endeavor to make it a pleasure to do business with us.
We do this by keeping our customers up to date with regular statements - sent out on the first working day after month end, promptly responding to queries, and always keeping you up to date with changes.
Our suppliers are always paid at the beginning of the month, by BACS, and sent remittance advice notes by e-mail. This gives them confidence to get on with the job in hand - Servicing our business to the standard we expect.
2. Providing Informative Management Information: The Finance Team also has another duty. This is to provide accurate and timely management information to help control the financial performance of the business, this aids best practice for the rest of Belmont’s departments. To carry out this function fully, we set up internal systems to generate the information. By interpreting the management information, we will identify areas requiring special attention, from which adjustments can swiftly be put in place to help steer a more efficient therefore profitable course.
- To always keep our customers and suppliers informed
- Ensure our suppliers receives timely payment
- Provide key financial information to the Belmont teams
- Have effective systems that are kept up to date
- Provide best practice methods of working to create the most efficient operation